Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am a worrier.

I try not to, but the more time I have on my hands, the more I worry.  Basically, it's better that I keep busy.  I'm usually busy during the week but on the weekends I either need a good book, to be busy with work, or  something planned socially.  I just finished my book so I've started "thinking".
(BTW I just finished "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon - unique book, easy read, I liked it).
Usually I read fertility blogs/infertility blogs and even browse through charts on FF.  Today I've been reading over all of my IVF information given to us at our education session a few months ago.
My Dr. did not put me on the BCP because I get migraines.  The hormone drop when stopping the BCP commonly causes migraines so she told me we'll just start the IVF cycle from a natural cycle.  I've been fine with this decision up until 4 days ago when I ovulated.  I had significant right sided pain, which has happened before.  Once, it was a burst ovarian cyst.  The next time, I am sure it was a cyst since on my next Day 3 u/s I had a functional cyst which cancelled one of our IUI cycles.
The point to BCP before IVF cycle is supposed to be to "give the ovaries a break", "establish schedules", and "decrease the risk of cysts".  So right now I'm worried that my IVF cycle, which should start in 7-9 days, could be cancelled b/c of cyst issues.  I'm SO excited and hopeful about IVF.  I have days off work somewhat figured out (we live 2 hours from our fertility centre so basically every second day I'm off work for 2 weeks).  I REALLY hope that there isn't a cyst in there preparing to delay IVF.
In the meantime, back to reading the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment