Monday, August 31, 2009

Low ovarian reserve at 35?

The rest of the appointment was pretty shitty.  Even though the doctor looked me in the eye and said "everything is where we expect it to be", when it came to the appointment with the nurse she read what the doctor had written and told me it didn't look good.  The cyst is there, and bigger than it was in April.  We didn't have the bloods back yet so didn't know if it was a "functional cyst" or not but it WAS in April.  My estradiol was 550 in April and apparently it is supposed to be under 200.  Although, when google Day 3 bloods most sites say less than 100 is normal for estradiol.
Today's blood work was estradiol 200 and FSH 11.  Both these numbers show that I may have a low ovarian reserve or that there is a functional cyst.  I'd like to think it's the cyst.  The clinic wants to act like it's the cyst and go ahead with the meds for this week.  Apparently since I'm "only 35" my ovaries might still perk up.  On Friday (Day 7) we'll see where everything is and whether the cycle can continue.
I asked what can be done about the cyst.  The nurse this morning said we can wait until next cycle (yeah, like it will all of a sudden be gone after 6 months) or we could have it drained.  I'd have to discuss this with the doctor.  I don't see my doctor until November now so this doc who does the ultrasounds better talk with me on Friday.  She obviously was "so busy" she gave me a generic comment this morning and sent me to the nurse to deal with the issue.  How insulting.  I know they're busy but did she have to lie to me?  This doctor was a bitch the last time I had a cyst too, very quick to say "I'm not your doctor so you'll have to speak with her".  BUT you can't speak with your own doctor for months.  Only to the nurses, who speak to the doctor, then call you back 4 hours later with an inadequate answer.
I asked the nurse this afternoon if I was going to spend the whole cycle worrying that it could be cancelled any day and she said we'll know if it has to be cancelled on Friday.

So today sucked.

On a positive note, we were sent to a pharmacy where the owner sells all the fertility meds at a 2% markup and no dispensing fee.  Apparently she had gone through fertility treatment and therefore wants to help US out.  Isn't that awesome?
And I took me first shot (300 ui of Puregon) and it didn't hurt.  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment