Thursday, August 5, 2010

CD 7 -It's always different

I thought that I would start to see some sort of a pattern, this being my 4th IVF.  Today I had 6 on the right, 3 on the left at about 10mm in size.  There were a few little ones but the Dr. said "we don't care about them, it's the 9 that are all the same size we care about".  I said something about not responding very well this time, since last time I had 23 counted on day 7.  But the Dr. has assured me that THIS is a normal cycle and he feels good about these numbers.  He feels that we'll get 8-10 all developing at the same time, and therefore should be good quality.
He could tell I was still upset, and spent some extra time with me.  This would never have happened at the old clinic.  He explained to me that the last cycle I was overstimulated and you never want an estradiol number as high as mine.  He said "that cycle was a complication" and I need to forget about those numbers.  Apparently I should be happy about 9 today.
And so I will be.  I mean, there's nothing I can do right?  It's not like I'm going to quit the cycle now.  So all I can do is hope that some of these eggs are good enough quality to make a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment