Monday, December 20, 2010

Feeling more optimistic

It's sinking in now.  I'm generally thinking positive.  Now that I've educated myself a little, I feel a bit more in control.  I feel good that I can control my diet and my work duties/hours.  I can't control the fact that I'm quite short and have not had a previously stretched uterus.  So I have plusses and minuses for carrying triplets.  We're obviously going to be dealing with premies, so I'm trying to get my head around the worry that comes with that.  
Our Dr. appt is January 6th.  It sounds like we'll be talking about the risks and whether or not we should "reduce".  I don't know what he could tell us now that would make us choose to reduce, but we'll see.
My symptoms are very light and easy.  I am very tired and still very short of breath.  But I do not have nausea! (knock wood).  I don't have as big of an appetite as I'd like so I eat less at each sitting, but I'm making myself eat every 3 hours anyway.  Oddly enough, I've only gained 1 pound so far.  Although, my belly is a little bigger so I don't totally get that.  I'm apparently supposed to gain 30-40lbs by week 20 so now being in the middle of week 8, I have a lot to gain.  I'm going for 2lbs a week and we'll see how it goes.
And now we just wait.  And eat.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling more comfortable with your reality. It sounds like you are a very thoughtful person, and you will make very good decisions. I would think it's a lot to take in!

    Hope you are able to enjoy your food fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the update! I'm glad you're feeling a little less freaked out and more in control. Hopefully you'll get more info from the doc on the 6th and feel even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will make the right decision based on your health and the environment for the babies. Glad you are feeling more in control. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came across your blog through a few clicks and also expecting triplets. Just wanted to let you know there are some great resources- Dr. Luke's book "When you are expecting twins, triplets, or quads" and the forum at www.tripletconnection.com. I also was so shocked, scared, nervous (3 eggs retrieved with 3 embryos transferred) but am chugging along great at 24 weeks. There is a lot of gloom and doom out there about trips, but an excellent MFM doctor and advice from multiple moms makes a difference. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete