Thursday, December 9, 2010

Insanity

It's triplets.
How do we go from never having anything implant, to this?
It's such a crazy mix of emotions.  My thoughts are all over the place.
I'm happy to see heartbeats.  But I'm overwhelmed there are 3 heartbeats.  I am so worried about the risks for health problems with triplets.
I need to collect information and educate myself.
I need to figure out how this changes my plan for work (as a self-employed, business owner)
We'll need to move sometime.  My house is too small.
My head is just bouncing from one thought to the next.
And I never saw myself with 3 children...
We just need some time to process.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Heartbeats!!! I'm not sure if I blogged much about it but it took me a few months to really wrap my head around the fact we were have two. You spend so much time imagining pregnancy/parenting during ttc and multiplies usually aren't part of those thoughts... I am imagining this will shut your pregnant-with-twins coworker up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    I delivered triplets on December 11, 2009. Send me an email if/when you want to talk.

    Sarah
    swak50@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly woman! And you were worried about beta doubling times! At least they stay small enough to share a room for a few years :)

    Your news actually made my day. It's nice to see an IFer succeed so well! I'm dying to know what you think could have made the difference. Protocol? The pepcid and claritin?

    You've survived the unpredictability of IF, you can survive triplets :) I have 41 y.o. triplet cousins who were a surprise to their mom and dad who had just got their youngest of 4 children into kindergarten. That's a frightener!

    Congratulations on your heart beats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a shock! 3 heartbeats. I am happy and hopeful for you. I hope you find the triplet support network you need and that you have a healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Talk about unexpected!! I can only imagine how freaked out you must be. But what exciting (and yes, terrifying I'm sure) news. There are tons of triplet blogs out there so better get started reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My jaw just dropped when I read this - what a surprise! Just take it one day at a time. I'm celebrating those heart beats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I cannot imagine all the thoughts going through your mind right now. Congratulations on the heartbeats, another milestone to cross off the list!! How exciting and scary for you. All the best, Dee

    ReplyDelete