Sunday, January 16, 2011

Things

Like I said earlier, our nuchal test came back quite good. He asked if we wanted to do CVS and we told him we decided against it. Otherwise, I met with an internist who specializes in pregnant women and she gave me a medication I can try for my migraines. I've always had migraines, I just always used to be able to drug up. Now they aren't leaving. She said that I likely won't need the meds much b/c my hormones have just peaked and things will get better now. I have to say, I've had a pretty easy 1st trimester.
It just seems so so strange to have positive things happening. You get so used to negative news and moods that it is hard to fully except the good stuff. I'm definitely getting there though.
Cutest thing, my mom has been collecting baby items for the past 4 years. She never told me b/c of all of our trouble. Yesterday she showed me her spare room with it all laid out and it was crazy. Im not sure I'll have to buy a single item!
My poor coworker had to deliver her stillborn babies today. What a terrible thing to go through. I'm thoughtful of how hard it could be for her to be around me in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the migraines. For what it's worth, labetalol, usually prescribed for b.p. and supposedly ok during pregnancy, seems to have my migraines under control. Hopefully, they will subside soon though and you won't have to worry about it. It's time for all sorts of positivity for you!

    That said, your poor coworker...I'm sure it will be extremely hard for her...how does one pick up the pieces? Ugh. I hope she is able to find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear things went smoothly and you don't have to worry about getting the CVS done.

    Migraines suck. I hope yours go away. I haven't really gotten migraines since the BFP, but even the milder headaches I had first trimester are gone now. I hope it's the same for you.

    As for your coworker, there are no words. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that your mum has been secretly shopping for you!!

    Hope you get the migranes to clear up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear there's a possible treatment for migraines because Fern gets them too - not being able to medicate sounds like it would be awful!

    That story about your mom is one of the sweetest I've heard in a while. It really warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete