Saturday, February 12, 2011

Boys

It looks like both our babies are boys.  She didn't absolutely commit to Baby A but the screen shot she showed us looked very "boy".  Baby B is definitely a boy.
I think I've always thought  I wanted boys.  But the second that I heard both were boys, I felt a little sad.  How crazy is that?  5 months ago I figured that I would never have children and now I had a moment of disappointment that they weren't a mix of sexes.  Of course, I'm over that now.
They looked great.  Baby A is 130g and Baby B is 135g so very close in size.
My cervix and blood pressure were great.  And our DS risk is 1:2080 for each of them (on my age alone it was 1:250 so this is quite a good ratio now).  The internist went through some headache and heartburn tips with me so I'm feeling good about some possible changes in that area.
So all in all, a great visit.
Next up March 3rd Anatomy scan.

5 comments:

  1. Boys will definitely keep you busy :) Congrats on everything going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a little sadness is certainly understandable. But twin boys will be so cute! So happy everything is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Glad it was a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on boys! I can understand a moment of disappointment - it seems only natural. But I'm glad they're doing well and you're doing well - hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as grateful as we are to have a healthy baby, we went through a moment of sadness when we learned our baby is a boy. we've embraced the idea since then. honestly, i'm now in a place where i'd be happy with two boys.

    twin boys will be awesome. they'll each have a brother/best friend to grow up with!

    ReplyDelete