Sunday, May 30, 2010

New clinic

So we met with our (possibly) new clinic on Thursday.  The doctor is an old man, and I've been spoiled with younger women, so that sucks.  They're ALL old men actually.  But that's the only thing negative that I came up with b/c this clinic is SO much more detail oriented that our current clinic.
First of all, he said that there is absolutely no way that I have early ovarian failure b/c my estradiol levels in my last IVF were 17000.  He couldn't explain the shittiness of the frist 2 IVF cycles though.  His only thoughts were that women have a few bad cycles a year, so sometimes they happen during an IVF cycle.  So I guess with that thought, we just have very bad luck?  Whatever, his point was that you can't EVER get an estradiol that high if your ovaries are failing.  He wasn't concerned about egg quality either saying that the stats just show that sometimes you don't get good embryos.  He feels another few IVFs are reasonable but will know more after I do a cycle with them.
We went to IVF orientation at this clinic yesterday, to help us decide for sure if we should switch.  It is amazing how many different things this clinic does.  They are all small, but when you put 20 different small things together, it seems like it could increase your percentage of success.  Their lab is more detailed as well, and I can't help but feel that DETAIL in a LAB is a pretty big deal.
So we're going to switch.
The doctor plans a protocol close to my last one but is switching puregon to gonal F (b/c they constantly compare their success/failures and apparently are having better stats with gonal F right now).  Otherwise, I'm doing the BCP with lupron, which I've never done.  So it's a pretty big difference really, which I hope is ok.
And diet changes:  I've already made many changes with increasing veggies, fruit and protein, but this doctor is big on significantly decreasing carbs especially during the 2WW.   Everyone has to take 5mg of Folic acid (I've just been taking my pre-natal vit.), 2000 units of vitamin D, and baby aspirin.  So more supplements to add to my plate of daily supplements.
My current plan is to start the BCP at the end of June, if it all pans out that way.  So IVF #4 at the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment