Sunday, October 31, 2010

CD9 - Strange Day

My E2 has jumped up quite a bit.  The Dr. wondered if it jumped up "too much" when he first looked at it but then concluded that I should just keep on the same medication doses.  I triple checked this suggestion with him, so apparently it's nothing to stress over.
But he couldn't find my right ovary!  I was quite irritated with this at the appointment but have since googled it, and I guess it's not THAT uncommon.  I find it odd that anything "new" would happen now that I'm such an IVF veteran.  But there it is; missing right ovary.  Apparently it could be blocked by bowel or something and since it's only CD9 it doesn't matter that much.  Lefty had 7 today instead of 5 and they all looked the same size.  So I'm progressing well (from what they could see).  I'm assuming retrieval will be on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's not that uncommon but have to say that would weird me out to. Hope the missing ovary turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder how an ovary goes missing. It would be nice to know what it's up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped blogging months ago & very, very RARELY read a new blog anymore. Too bitter, I guess. But I popped over from insert metaphor's eyelash post & just wanted to send my best to you. I failed at 3 ivfs. Big hugs & good wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie - I remember lurking on your blog before. Sorry about your failed IVFs too. I hope you guys are doing ok with whatever decisions you've made to move forward.

    ReplyDelete