Monday, October 12, 2009

Mainly just complaining

So our friends were here for a couple of days. They are great friends and we like to visit with them. I have told only a very select few about TTC and our issues, so to be fair, they have no idea. BUT, I still want to complain. She likes to talk about all the things she is learning as a mom and explains them like they are "pointers" for my future. I know this is just her personality, but it is really annoying when you're sensitive.
And the big kicker, she asked me to take her to the drugstore last night. On the way there she tells me that she needs a pregnancy test because she'd like to drink but thinks she might be pregnant. Apparently they decided 3 weeks ago that they would like to try for #2. I'm listening to her thinking "am I seriously going to have to watch her test positive and act happy". It's one thing to do it when you find out a few months in, it's a completely other thing to actually wait for results with her. But, I was happy to be living in a small town because no drugstores were open (Thanksgiving). Now she can go find out at home and I'll deal with it in a couple of months when she announces.
I can't believe we're still here trying while they have gotten pregnant, had their baby, watched him grow for 1.5 years and are now likely pregnant with their second. I'm so jealous, and so sad.

On another note, I have clarified with our clinic that we are to go in on my next day 3 and start the new protocol. I don't know what this protocol is yet but will analyze that on day 3. I do actually hope it involves the bcp, even though I may have a low ovarian reserve, because I didn't take the bcp the first time. I want to go with a closer to normal protocol and see how my ovaries respond.

1 comment:

  1. You have got to be kidding me. I'm so happy all of the stores were closed. Can't wait to hear about the new protocol.

    ReplyDelete