Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Neat story

Someone I used to work with, had long standing TTC issues.  When I met her a few years ago she told me that they couldn't have children and they had decided that they liked their life and were moving on.  They had tried for 8 years, with several years in fertility interventions.  When she was 39, she got pregnant.  It was a shock and surprise and they had a healthy baby boy. The four of us are getting together for dinner in a couple of weeks and I may need to cancel if it falls on an IVF day.  So, I just told her about a week ago (via email) that I was in the infertility boat.   She emailed me saying that if I wanted to talk, she was always available.  Then just last night emailed me to tell me that she is pregnant again.  She also said, that she hoped we'd find their story encouraging but they'd totally understand if we didn't want to go to dinner right now b/c it's hard being around pregnant people.  I love having someone in my life that actually GETS IT.  Even my husband doesn't seem to understand why I'm depressed when people announce their pregnancies, or when people ask me if i have any children.  I should have been talking to this friend a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment