Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wow, this one took me by surprise!

Yesterday was CD1, about 5 days early for me.  If it has to be negative, it might as well come early right?  So I called the clinic and got my call back pretty quickly.  I am to go in on Monday for BW and u/s and apparently start my next IVF cycle.  I don't get why I couldn't get this information before now.  Apparently I will NOT be on the bcp again this month but instead the protocol combines the high dose of puregon with menopur.  I have to look this stuff up still, having just got home from a weekend "trip".  On the phone, I asked why my cycle is starting so quickly now when I was first told I had to wait at least 2 months.  I mean, it's been 3 weeks since my negative blood test!  Don't get me wrong, I am happy to start this up right away but is it the right decision?  I don't want us to be wasting our money.  I am concerned that b/c I cried to the nurses about not wanting the next IVF cycle to be delayed b/c of the clinic's Christmas holidays, my cycle is being pushed up.  The nurse informed me, with some attitude, that the Dr. wouldn't tell me to start early if it was going to waste our money.
So, bw and u/s tomorrow.  I guess the cycle won't start if those are out of wack, which I wouldn't be that surprised with since it's only been 3 weeks.  If anyone is reading this blog that has started a second IVF cycle so quickly, please let me know what you know/think.  Otherwise, I guess I'll ask it another way tomorrow: "Why, when most people wait 2 cycles,  will I benefit from starting only 1 cycle later?"  If they can answer this question then I'll feel better.
It's pretty exciting though, that we could be starting IVF again tomorrow. Especially when I haven't been expecting it yet.

1 comment: