Monday, November 30, 2009

4

So apparently another one fertilized and was just slow. Four is better than three. My clinic does day 3 transfers with 4 or less but I really want to wait until day 5. Since the evidence is inconclusive, it makes more sense to me to leave them in the petri dish, where they are doing well, then transfer them when they are blastocysts. Blastocysts have a much higher rate of implantation. I know this may mean that they all die in the petri dish but I feel they would have died in the uterus anyway. I have found no evidence that can say whether or not we know this isn't true. Obviously this is a discussion I have to have with the doctor tomorrow. So I don't know if tomorrow is transfer day or not. We also made an appointment with the councillor for tomorrow. My husband is concerned that I am too depressed with every negative. I definately AM but I feel I bounce back quickly. I don't think he feels any of this depression so he thinks it's not reasonable. Needless to say, it makes sense we talk to the IVF councillor.
So that's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment