Sunday, November 7, 2010

day 2 update

I'm not sure how I feel.  We still have 9 going and apparently only 1 of the 9 isn't "excellent" quality.  But I don't really know what "excellent" quality is.  Only 3 are 4-celled and the other 6 are 2-celled.  I have read in medical journals that predictive outcomes can be based on day 2 information and that they should be 4-celled (even if my REs always tell my 2-celled is normal too).  So I guess I'm disappointed that only 3 are 4-celled.
A day 3 transfer again.  I am just not destined to have a day 5 transfer.  I don't get to hear "2 perfect blasts" for transfer.  But I know there are worse outcomes.  I'm not sure anything was going to make me feel that optimistic today actually anyway.  My husband and I were talking yesterday how all we can remember is TTC and having these heartaches.  We can't even imagine getting a positive result.  That's not us being negative, it's just how it is.  That feeling of never being able to progress to the next stage of life.
But that is why we have initiated our first adoption meeting.  It is at the end of January.  Hopefully this IVF will surprise us and change our life, but if it doesn't, at least we have plans to move forward with our life again.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what their criteria is to allow you to do a day 5 transfer? If they really feel you have 8 that are excellent quality, I wonder why they don't think a day 5 transfer is a possibility. Regardless, we all know there are pregnancies with day 3 transfers just like day 5 transfers - but I understand you being bummed out. Our first 2 transfers were day 5, but we've never made it to day 5 again, and I always feel bad about that too - even though I know I shouldn't. Hope your transfer goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of hope for this try for you and I can picture a positive result but I also know how you feel. TTC is like a cage and the only truly good news is that the cage door has been opened and you can leave it behind. I also know that feeling of being so stuck that you can't picture moving forward.

    But I know that people do move forward and I wish so much luck to you two and those 9 fighting embryos.

    ReplyDelete