Sunday, September 27, 2009

Acceptance

My girlfriend came down to visit this weekend, which has been great.  We did a lot of shopping yesterday, and although I am not usually a "shopper" it did feel good to spend money wildly. (I am aware that I'm already spending money wildly with IVF though).
The call from the clinic re: blood test didn't go exactly as I hoped.  Apparently this month "doesn't count" and then the next cycle I have to take off.  So the earliest we can start again is end of November.  Assuming she'll want to start me with the bcp this time, IVF cycle would fall over Christmas.  They don't actually start IVF cycles that will fall over Christmas, so guess what?  Another delay.  It looks like it's mid-January now.  Wow, this seems far away.  I am moving into acceptance though.
We have to cancel a trip to Florida with our friends since that was planned for the 2nd week in January.  That sucks too.
Oh and severe cramps, keeping me awake most of the night.  With a very heavy period.  I guess that's all the medications fault.
But during my shopping spree yesterday,  I bought several items to refresh our bathrooms.  So there is a happy feeling when I use the bathroom now.  That's something.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for dropping by my blog and for the comment. A BFN after all the work, pain and hope of IVF is totally crushing. I am sorry that you have delays after all that. Has your clinic considered doing a cycle without bcp first? Sometimes they can over quiet the ovaries for those of us who don't produce many eggs anyway. I'll be cheering you along as you pick up the pieces and try again. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for delurking and saying "Hi". How did you find my blog anyway...?
    I'm so sorry to read about your hard journey and another BFN.
    I agree with Cindyhoo2, I would try a 'No Lupron' protocol which means no suppression/BCP.
    Have you seen Dr. Licciardi's blog? Have a look at that--LOADS of good reading in there.
    I hope you really aren't delayed for another 4 months. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete