Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 7

Today the u/s showed:
right ovary - 22mm, 10mm, 7mm
left ovary - 14mm, 13mm, 8mm, 8mm
All signs are definitely pointing to a "low ovarian reserve".  Although this is very depressing, I actually feel better than I did on Monday because I "know" something.  I feel better knowing what is probably the problem and hoping that we can deal with that.
Apparently it just goes day by day now.  The Dr. said that we need 4 follicles at 15mm to continue with IVF.  If it looks like we're going to get less, than we'll convert to IUI.
She doesn't think the cyst is the reason for the blood work issues.  My blood work seems back in the ballpark though so that's odd to me.
So, this information is making me accept that we may need many tries at this.  Hopefully, if this cycle is converted to IUI, the next cycle will be approached differently b/c of this information.  I'm disappointed that our wait for a child is probably going to continue on for more months. I'm not very emotionally stable when it comes to congratulating people on their pregnancies and births..I really need to control that.
At least we have an explanation.  If I'm producing so little follicles on 300iu of Puregon, I assume Clomid did nothing.  And all those months without meds? wow.  Information does feel good.
So tonight I start taking Ganirelix and continue with the daily does of Puregon at 300ui.  This needle looks a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment