Monday, September 28, 2009

The blogs I read and other fine information

Pufferfish:  I'm not totally sure how I found all the blogs I read.  I found some off of google and then a lot of the girls link to other blogs.  Looking for support through the last couple of years, I tried a couple of discussion boards too but I'm not that impressed with the quality of conversations on those boards.  I prefer the blogs.  So some girls I read all the time, and others I read more when I'm going through the same thing as they are.   It's been exciting seeing people get pregnant after trying for so long and it gives me hope.

Thanks for the advice, guys.  I can't seem to get any answers until our meeting with the doc November 3rd.  That seems so far away, but I guess I'll still be in the "break" that they require.  Hopefully, if I don't need the bcp, I'll be able to start at the end of November then.

Complaint of the day:  I'm at a publicly funded institution for my fertility centre, as I live in Canada, and this is a clinic I can get to in under 2 hours.  The problem is, we still pay for IVF privately in my province (although this may change in the near future).  So, we pay as if we have no public funding but I have to wait to see the publicly funded doctor when the IVF doesn't work (or for every other consult).  This typically takes me 3-4 months.  The only reason I only have to wait 1.5 months this time is because I lied to her receptionist in July and told her I was doing an August cycle instead of September.  How insane that I could have had a negative result in August and had to wait until November 3rd for my next consult!  The nurse that called me on Saturday actually said "ok dear, we need to get you to make a follow up appointment with your doctor now to discuss your next plan".  Are you kidding me?  If I waited until NOW to book an appointment I'd be seeing her in January.

Fun thing of the day: The power was out at my work today.  I called all my clients and gave them the choice to rebook and they all came.  So I worked all day in the near dark.  And my iphone was my only working phone, calendar, flashlight and email.  Silly day, but I liked it.

other stuff:  My cramps are still significant although much better than 2 days ago. But my period still only lasted 2 days.  It was definitely heavier than normal for the first day but gone already by day 3.   No one seems to care about my light periods so I always let it go, but this is going on my list of things to discuss on November 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment